Classic Wool Duvet
SnugSleep New Zealand Wool Duvets take full advantage of wool's natural properties to create an ideal sleeping environment for a healthy, comfortable, and restful sleep.
- 100% Natural Cotton Percale Shell
- 100% Hi-Bulk Double-Carded New Zealand Wool Fill
- Made in Canada
To make their wool duvets, SnugSleep begins by specially selecting hi-bulk premium New Zealand wool to ensure the duvets have maximum loft and insulation. Their specialized carding and manufacturing process further enhances this natural wool loft and resilience for optimum insulation and comfort.
This wool is then put in a carefully selected percale cotton shell that is drapable and soft. It is very important for the duvet's cover to have a low thread count as this allows maximum breathability. High thread count cottons or downproof cottons reduce wool's unique moisture controlling benefits, and tend to be stiff, leaving pockets of air around your body which interfere with proper insulation. SnugSleep's special cotton cover allows the duvet to naturally drape about your body, tucking you in!
This wool duvet is completed with a minimal quilting stitch pattern which allows the wool fill to retain maximum loft while preventing it from shifting. The final product is a lightweight duvet that is resilient, has many wonderful natural properties, and keeps each sleeper at a temperature that is "just right" for maximum sleeping comfort.
SnugSleep wool duvets are available in three weights:
Summerweight - perfect for warmer weather or year round in an apartment or condo
Regular Weight - for many sleepers just perfect all year
Deluxe Weight - cooler homes, or sleepers who feel the cold easily
The summerweight duvets have 20% less wool than the regular weight, and the deluxe duvets have 20% more wool than the regular weight.
Super King: 112"x95"
- The core of each wool fibre is very absorbent - up to 30% of its weight in moisture. By comparison cotton absorbs 8% and most synthetics as low as 2% - in fact wool is the most hydrophilic (able to absorb moisture) of all natural fibres.
- The wool fibre is unique in that it releases this moisture slowly through evaporation, helping the sleeper stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer, and eliminating dampness in the bedding.
Natural Flame Resistance
- Wool is made of keratin (an animal protein found in hair and nails ) and this, combined with the moisture content the wool has absorbed, requires a higher temperature to ignite than other natural and manmade fibres.
- When wool does burn it burns slowly, smoldering and charring. It does not support a flame, gives off very little heat, and course does not release harmful toxic chemical gases.
Natural Temperature Control
- As wool fibres release absorbed moisture heat is given off - in fact a single gram of wool gives off 27 calories of heat when it goes from wet to dry. This helps moderate the body's temperature, allowing it to keep each sleeper comfortable.
Naturally Non Allergenic
- The keratin in wool is the same protein as in nails and hair.
- Dust mites - a leading cause of allergies - prefer a damp, not dry location, and the scales which cover each wool fibre help further create an inhospitable environment.